Our normal life is no longer normal with the pandemic at its peak. Coronavirus has changed the way we look, feel, and live.
Now the world is converting into the “new normal” that is altering the way people work and trying to embrace the technical world.
The medical sector has witnessed a sudden change and a huge influence on mobile apps in the past few months. There are telehealth apps that are now revolutionizing the medical industry with additions like prescription delivery apps, doctor on-demand apps, and pediatrics on-demand apps. It is essential to understand the guide to build an on demand pediatrics app and others to thrive in the business world.
These apps are now becoming increasingly popular and will slowly take over the industry by storm.
It is predicted that by the end of 2020, more than 80% of users will be dependent on telemedicine applications. But let us talk about the pediatrics on-demand apps.
With this said, let us give you a clear picture of the pediatrics on-demand app with this detailed guide that will include the market share, present condition, and even the ways to develop it.
With the hot cup of coffee in hand and becoming cozy on the couch, let us walk you through an amazing journey.
Pediatrics App Market Overview
On-demand apps are now affecting the whole market with the pandemic taking its toll. We all are now somewhere dependent on apps like food, electronics, groceries, medicines, etc. to meet our day-to-day lives.
Surprisingly, a five-inch mobile screen can do so much when the need arises. We are now pushing its capabilities and trying to overcome the pandemic with the right technology trends with mobile app statistics and Google Play Store Statistics.
Let us give you an insight into some amazing facts and figures of the healthcare, the medical industry, and pediatrics app market overview.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, more than 80% of the patients or users are now opting for the telehealth platform to get a doctor’s consultation that was no more than 10% pre-pandemic.
- It is predicted that by 2022, the total market size of telemedicine in the USA will cross the mark of $22 billion.
- The users are now adopting “new normal” and are now focused on it with the telehealth visits reaching 175 that was not more than 50 pre-pandemic era.
- By 2025, the market value of the telemedicine industry will cross the number of $64 billion. Whereas the telehealth and remote healthcare services will cross $13 billion.
Guide to Build an On Demand Pediatrics App
Read More – Top mHealth Apps
To give you a better understanding of the development process, here is a quick guide to build an on demand pediatrics app.
Pediatrics as the name said is the child healer that means that it is an app that surrounds the children and their health. This medical branch is all about the health of children till the teenager reaching the age of 18.
Pediatrics On-Demand Apps are the quick, cost-effective, and hassle-free service that allows children to have a checkup and consultation at home. This is a great way to chat and connect with doctors in the confinement of home.
One can contact the pediatricians easily anytime from anywhere. However, why would you need a pediatrics on-demand app in the present world?
The answer is simple – User Demand. Let us explain it.
- The secure communication and ease of accessibility while maintaining the confidentiality of doctor-patient.
- The skewness amid the coronavirus pandemic is making patients reach out to doctors via video, chat, or online consultations.
Now, eHealth, video consultations, telemedicine, mHelath, etc. are thriving with the new normal and becoming fast-tracked.
But before diving into how to develop a pediatrics on demand app, it is best to know the advantages of pediatrics app and disadvantages of pediatric app.
Pros & Cons of Pediatrics On-Demand App
|Advantages of Pediatrics Apps||Disadvantages of Pediatric Apps|
|One of the major pediatrics app benefits is the safety of avoiding germs and pandemic situations. This helps in virtual consultation without going out of the home.||Face-to-face consultation might have a different impact. Many patients and parents believed that online consultations are a form of inadequate assessment that doesn’t include major features like pulse rate, breathing, and blood pressure.|
|It is easy to get an online appointment as per the time and date of the doctor that is predefined.||There might be technical challenges like poor internet connectivity and server overload. The fact is that kids are not mechanically smart so this might be a drawback.|
|The pediatrics apps are mainly around the patient-centric approach that gives necessary medical attention to the patient with an increase in their care quality.||We are living in the tech-savvy world but that doesn’t mean that everyone is this technically advanced. There might be instances when the patients or their parents are not that familiar with the latest technologies that might hinder the consultation.|
|There is no doubt that a pediatrics visit takes extra charge like fuel but with the on-demand apps, you only need to pay for consultation until you ask the doctor to come at home for the visit that makes it cost-effective.|
With this said, let us get down to the development of pediatrics apps that include their own set of challenges.
Before diving into the world of pediatrics mobile app development for startups or big hospitals, let us understand its core features.
Core Features of On-Demand Pediatrics Apps
Just like any other on-demand apps, pediatrics apps also have three panels or you can say that three different apps for three different user personas or stories. These three user stories apps include Admin App, Patient’s App, and Doctor’s App.
These are another aspect of guide to build an on demand pediatrics app that can help in gaining a better understanding of the development cycle.
The Doctor’s and Patient’s apps are the ones that are connected with the help of the admin app.
Let us explain the concept of two major portals that contain major, basic, and advanced features that convert an app into something remarkable. It is usually best to get in touch with an on demand pediatrics app development company that can help you to achieve your goals.
What we are going to discuss is only the Minimum Viable Product for startups and enterprise features that makes a whole new difference in the market.
#1 Patient’s App
The user or patients’ app is the one that is used to get in contact with the respective doctor, make appointments, track the prescription, and even check on the medical history. This includes several features for the patient’s app that makes a whole new difference in the development.
- Sign-up or Log-in – This can be done easily with the help of email, Facebook, Google, or any other platform. It can speed up the process for the users to log into the account without wasting any time in filling up the details. This also includes securing and authenticating the user’s information with the right platform.
- Search – The pediatrics app includes search options that allow users to browse through the options and come up with the ideal approach. It can be in terms of the child psychiatrist, physiotherapists, ophthalmologist, and ENT specialists as well.
- Profile Creation – The users can establish their profile easily with the right credentials, location, specialty, and other necessary information. The parents can include child credentials and additional information that can give pediatrics a good idea about the patient.
- Appointments – The app must include the appointment options where the users can schedule, track, and get a reminder of their appointment with the doctor. It should also showcase the availability of the doctor at the desired time.
- In-App Chat – Messaging is another feature that can add value to the pediatrics app This is a place where the parent or patient can easily talk to the doctor while ensuring that confidentiality will be maintained.
- Virtual Appointment – The motive of developing a pediatrics app is to give a platform to the patients or parents where they can maintain social distancing while arranging virtual appointments. It makes it easy for patients to get a video call, chatting, or even an emergency consultation to discuss the treatment plan.
- Prescription Delivery – The fact is that medical stores or even telemedicine apps don’t sell medicines without a proper prescription from the doctor. Hence, the app can itself offer service of the medicine delivery or generate a prescription for the users while avoiding human contact.
#2 Doctor’s App
The patients are getting in touch with the pediatrics doctor via the app that makes it necessary to have the doctor’s app. This app will work differently than the patient since doctors are giving consultations to the patients seeking them. The major features included in the pediatrics app are:
- Login or Signup – The first and foremost aspect of the doctor’s app is to sign in or log in to the app that will be a similar process to the patient’s app. However, they will need to enter their medical experience, timing, and some additional details for the patients or parents.
- Profile Creation – As mentioned in the above step, the doctors will set their account by offering them the necessary information that can help the patients that are seeking help.
- Accept or Reject Appointments – Doctor’s can accept or reject the appointment as per their schedule.
- Messaging – Just like the patient’s app, the doctors must also have chatting options that make it easy for them to communicate with patients or parents.
- Video Call – Doctors are giving video consultations to children or teenagers. Hence, it is essential to integrate the video calling feature that allows users doctors to get in touch with the patient easily.
#3 Admin Panel or Web Portal
This panel is for the admin that works easily for the communication purpose of the waiting room and doctor’s office. It helps in setting up appointments and manages the patients. The features include:
- Manage Doctors – It is the feature that allows admins to check on the doctor’s details, remove or add a doctor. It also gives them all the essential information about the appointment, type of doctor, their time, profiles, etc.
- Patient Database – Admin has the access to the patient’s information that is stored by the patients. It includes the complete database of users including medical history, patient information, appointment, track of their prescriptions, etc.
- Check Availability – Admin can keep the track of doctor’s availability before fixing the appointment for patients. Even in the case of rescheduling and cancellations, the admin will have the authority to book an appointment or check the time for later.
How To Develop A Pediatrics On Demand App?
Read More – Top Tech Trends in Healthcare
If you want to develop a pediatrics app then there are certain things that you need to be clear about. To give you a better understanding here is the guide to create pediatrics on demand apps.
#1 Project Plan
The first and foremost thing that developers and designers need to focus upon is the project plan that gives a detailed step-by-step plan. It is essential to analyze the features of the app and study its functionalities. It helps in getting an understanding of what the competitors are all about and businesses can tackle them easily. It can help in coming up with the market-fit plan and mobile app development strategies.
After the project plan comes the major aspect of the costing and budgeting for the mobile application. This is essential to know the overall cost of the mobile app development that can be given by the company with a detailed plan. It is easy to estimate the cost of a mobile application with the best quote that is non-chargeable.
#3 Project Scope
There are so many different things that a mobile application development company discuss with the clients that include timelines, budget, and requirements. This gives a detailed flow of the idea. However, it is best to sign an NDA before sharing the idea with anyone else. Know how NDA works before you get down to sign one before you process the information with the timelines, technologies, features, etc.
#4 Design & Development Cycle
Then comes the design and development cycle for the mobile app for pediatrics that help in setting the flow for the doctors. It includes a sketch for the application that helps in setting up the end-user and technical standpoint. It is essential to choose the right technology stack for your mobile app that can help in developing the right pediatrics app. Here is the technology stack that the pediatrics app must include.
|Android||Java & Kotlin|
|iOS||Swift & Objective-C|
|Cross-Platform||React & Flutter|
|Database||MongoDB & MySQL|
|Notifications||Push.io & Twilio|
|Server||Apache & Nginx|
|Verification||Twilio & Nexmo|
#5 Launch the app
Once the final project is ready after the testing and you have followed the guide to create pediatrics on demand app, comes the launch of the pediatrics app. It is the step where the app should be uploaded to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store marketplace as per their guidelines to serve the users. Once the app is approved by them, the users can download the app and get started with it. This includes wireframes, mockups, credentials, designs, databases, and documents.
It is essential to have a better understanding of the on-demand pediatrics app to come up with the best process. This can be app development, timelines, budget, and whatnot. Hence, make sure to do a deep market analysis to achieve the goals that can change the course of development.
The fact is that the telemedicine industry is changing and with time it is going to evolve into something that we might have never predicted. Just make sure to follow the points and you will get the best mobile app for pediatrics. This guide to build an on demand pediatrics app can help you a lot but for consultation, contact us.
Co-Founder and AVP Technology at Appventurez. An accomplished Android and React Native developer who is a fan of clean and optimized code, he is a passionate team builder having smart project managerial skills and has a deep love to provide end to end solution.
⚡️ by Appventurez
Hey there! This is Omji, author of this blog. Leave your email address and we'll keep you posted on what we're up to.
This will subscribe you to Appventurez once-a-month newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime. And we promise not to pester you or share your data :)
Hey there, wondering where this article came from? It was produced by some people at Appventurez, a Mobile & Web App Development Company. We are here for solutioning of your technological needs.
Our Latest Blog
Its an obvious fact that network safety and the Internet of Things turn out poo...Read more
With digital transformation emerging to be one of the integral parts of our liv...Read more
There are over 1.7 billion websites available, however, the number fluctuates a...Read more