Practices that provide positive results become a trend and later on become an integral part of any organization.
In the field of technology, the concept of practices is changing even more rapidly. With so many pluses added and issues resolved, technology is entering the market with full force where web app development is no alien.
Almost every year, web app development trends change, giving new directions and opportunities for mobile app developers, web developers, and business owners. This is the reason, there are over 1.8 billion websites available on the internet carrying their own set of concepts, strategies, and other parameters. The sites are divided on the basis of design, content, digital marketing techniques, development, and so on.
With so much competition prevailing in the market, the one who is following trends carries the chances of winning the race as compared to those who are still using traditional methods.
There is also a report showcasing that around 38% of the website visitors stop engaging with the website if the content and layout are not attractive, engaging, or new. This simply results in losing users and ultimately strengthening the decline in conversion rates too.
To stay away from such a situation, a business owner has to make its website robust, unique, engaging while following top web app development trends. Keeping the importance of web development trends in mind, here is the blog mentioning those trends to support a website performing great in the market among the competition.
Before getting started with the trends, let us quickly have a look at some of the facts and figures to strengthen the base regarding web development trends.
Web Application Development Trends Statistics
- According to the survey, over 77% of digital agencies figured out that poor website UX is their significant weakness. As more people are spending their money on online shopping, it becomes important to put effort into web app development.
- Almost every year, the online sales market is increasing by 20%. The sale is expected to reach $4trillion in 2021 from $2.3 trillion 3 years back.
- Bigcommerce stated that 51% of Americans prefer buying online products and 56% of online stores have a physical store too.
- According to HubSpot, 47% of website visitors often check out the company’s services/products before going ahead with any other section of the site.
- Over 38% of visitors stop engaging with the site if the layout or content of the website is unattractive.
The stats are enough to understand why focusing on a website is an important thing, no matter, whether an application is generating more traction and traffic to the business. Also, as per the psychology, if the business has a website apart from the mobile application, the trust factor simply strengthens.
Understanding the essence of a website for a business, it is now the time to look at the website application development trends for the upcoming year and beyond.
Let’s get started-
Top 10 Website App Development Trends To Look At In 2021 & Beyond
Chatbots & Artificial Intelligence
Chatbots are the best way to engage users to the app, website along with answering users to their queries on time without physical assistance from anyone. Chatbots were part of the website and applications, and it will remain a prominent part of the web app development trends in 2021.
These chatbots are powerful and allow users to do things instantly without any manual assistance. Chatbots are powerful and are supported by artificial intelligence. AI, the leading and one of the most popular web development technologies is the support system behind a major number of other technologies.
Top reasons about how AI-powered chatbots will trend in 2021 & beyond-
- Assists users to find relevant information and solutions
- They are easy to operate and use, can be created and implemented into a website and application
- Helps in engaging users to the app or web
- Saves time of the users with timely replies
Top benefits of AI-powered chatbots web app benefits for enterprises–
- Improves customer engagement
- Helps in answering questions and queries of the users on time
- Makes a great impact when integrated into a website
- Easy accessible
- improves user experience, marketing, and sales pitch
Another great way to grab the attention of the users through the website is to opt for Motion UI. By integrating it, the users of the website can get relevant and specific information.
The motion UI has the capability to keep the simplicity portion to a site resulting in maximum appreciation from users. Also, adding animation will allow web developers to add some styling parts to the site among thousands of other static UI. Here a leading mobile app development company can help you with this.
Top reasons to opt for motion UI trend
- Helping website users to get exact information
- Directs users to the required area
- Supports in easing the task of animations like a hinge, spin, slide, scale, etc
- Helps in improving the animated elements seamlessly
Top benefits of motion UI for businesses
- Will help in simplifying service/product promotions
- Helps in improving the brand’s status
- Supports in building credibility through spontaneous storytelling
- Increases user engagement by leaps and bounds
Made its way in quite many industries, Blockchain is one of the most effective methods of collecting while coming with the concept of decentralized data storage.
The report by M&M showed that the blockchain market is worth $39.9 billion by the end of 2025. It has made its way into various businesses because of its capability to provide a high level of security with no intermediaries between transactions available. Transactions that are being made are first verified and then rely upon a complex algorithm.
As it is becoming a part of other top businesses, including this web application development technologies can also bring more users, trust, and ultimately engagement.
Top reasons to choose blockchain trend in 2021
- Easy to use
- Simplifies user transactions
- Supports in preventing scandals, privacy violations, forgery, fraud, and others
- A great alternative to transferring money
Top benefits of blockchain for businesses
- It offers high interoperability
- It can be integrated with other technologies like AI, IoT, etc
- Helps in creating new digital products
- Helps in gathering faster customer data
Video content is often liked by users and integrating video content or moving backgrounds can bring more engagement to the website. This further results in making businesses opt for various ways to entice their audiences while informing them of their products and services.
It has been seen that video content simply increases sales by 64% to 85% and it is also predicted that online stores are also going to use video content for their product and service descriptions in the coming year.
Another statistics presented that video marketing can boost CTR by 200-300% easily while increasing the purchasing intent by 97%. Also, live videos can drive 300% more engagement when comparing it with the normal videos.
Thus, adding video to the website is the best way to bring more audience, as a result, it will remain the web app development trend for the year 2021 and beyond.
Top reasons to opt for video content in 2021
- Helps in making customers identify the best feature or benefit of the website
- Offers a better understanding of the product or service
- Letting users find out the products they are looking for
- Keeps them engaged with the website and help them in taking a faster decision
Top benefits of video content for businesses
- Increases user engagement
- Increases sales
- Supports in branding
- Creates a satisfying situation for both customers and businesses
Single e-commerce Network
E-commerce networks that are single help in providing flexible systems accessing online stores to cooperate with each other.
It further helps in increasing the attractiveness of online stores and gives a push to the e-commerce development industry. By the end of 2040, about 95% of all the purchases will be done through eCommerce medium according to 99Firms.
AR/VR development both the most popular web development technologies is the tool behind various top-performing sets. The technologies are easy, quick, and interactive and are apt for the web application development trends & technologies for the year 2021 and beyond.
“Also know- AR/VR market trends”
When integrating them into the mobile application, helps marketers reach their prospective audience easily while interacting with social media audiences too.
Snapchat is one of the examples of web applications that allows users to add their bitmoji via AR/VR technology. Thus, the technology when integrated nicely into the website, getting more engagement from the users will simply become high.
Top reasons to opt for AR/VR in 2021
- Users can get real-time product performance activity
- Even without unboxing, users can simply verify the functionality of the product
- A smartphone is enough to indulge in the experience
Top benefits of AR/VR for businesses in 2021
- Offering virtual tours to the customers
- Outstanding customer experience
- User outreach
- Consumer data as per their behavior
- There is no language barrier
A single-page website offers users a long scrollable page offering all the information at once without letting them move towards another web page. The long scrollable page thus helps in saving visitors from complex navigational processes, a lot of content, and a multi-level menu too.
Though single page websites are highly used for e-commerce platforms, however, they can be filled into mobile websites letting users get all the information at once without jumping from one page to another.
For getting the same functionalities, connecting with the right web development company can bring fruitful results in no time.
Top reasons to opt for single-page applications in 2021
- All the information in a single page
- It is easier to act and decided for customers
- Loading time gets faster
- It helps in saving time
Top benefits of single-page app for businesses
- Website will become simple, intuitive, and seamless
- Eases customer navigation
- Enhanced web experience
- Faster decision-making process
Progressive Web Apps
PWAs are fast, engaging, and reliable and they are quite similar to native mobile applications and can also work offline too. Concluding all these together, they are great when it comes to enhanced user experience.
“Know- PWA design tips guidelines”
Also, it is expected that by 2021, PWAs will be the major competitor for Native mobile applications.
Top reasons to opt for PWAs in 2021
- Instant updates and ease of use
- Work similar to native applications
- Scalable and reliable
- Increases accessibility
Top benefits of PWA for businesses
- Loads website faster
- They are said to be better than web apps
- Increases conversions by 78%
- Offer native-like user experience
Push notifications are great when it comes to informing users about what is happening inside the website and what the users are basically missing in the website. They are great for businesses in order to let users always connect to the website.
Also, changes made to the website or terms & conditions changed, push notifications in this situation are the best investment. This will ensure that your users are always informed about every single thing happening on the website.
Top reasons to opt for push notification in 2021
- Informing customers about things they are missing on the website
- Keeps users engaged in the app
- Opens direct communication between customers and businesses
- Enhances user shopping experience
Top benefits of push notifications for businesses
- Negotiates spam filters for delivering messages to the customers
- Helps to target a specific set of users
- Improves branding
- Improves conversions rate
Social media platforms are the best investment that is being done by businesses to reach a larger audience along with spreading information about the brand and business to a large number of people.
It has been seen that social selling leaders are cherishing 45% more sales opportunities as compared to their competitors. Through social media applications, businesses can generate good revenue while connecting with the audiences too.
Top reasons to opt for social selling
- Wide audience reach
- Users can get to know about the brand, products, and services through social media
- Users can gain information about the brand and its policies or the products launched
Top benefits of social selling for businesses
- Larger audience reach
- Business can connect to the audience anytime anywhere instead of sticking to the website
- More selling opportunities
- Better revenue streams
The above-mentioned points are the top web application development trends for the year 2021 and the coming years. By integrating them to the website, a business can simply reach a greater target audience while enticing the active audiences too.
These trends are going to make an impact for uplifting the business into the market giving tough competition to a major number of competitors.
If you still have any doubt and would like to know more about the web development trends, connect with our experts today!
A technocrat and an entrepreneur who is the Co-Founder and Chief Delivery Head at Appventurez. Skilled in object-oriented programming (OOP), iOS Development, Design Principles, Data Structures, and Swift, he has served different organizations as Tech Lead.
⚡️ by Appventurez
Hey there! This is Chandrapal, author of this blog. Leave your email address and we'll keep you posted on what we're up to.
This will subscribe you to Appventurez once-a-month newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime. And we promise not to pester you or share your data :)
Hey there, wondering where this article came from? It was produced by some people at Appventurez, a Mobile & Web App Development Company. We are here for solutioning of your technological needs.
Our Latest Blog
In the competitive tech world, retail firms & eCommerce business owners are...Read more
Over 70% of the US residents are active subscribers to at least one popular OTT...Read more
In the financial sector, buy now pay later(BNPL) has become a hot topic. In Jan...Read more