A Low code platform is a progressive technology for both technical & non-technical coders. Not all tech enthusiasts can confidently claim their expertness in coding for sure. After all, it’s not compulsory for anyone to be proficient in writing codes if there is a need to create an app or software program in a limited timeline & resource. Even experienced programmers lookout for other substitutes to replace traditional methods of building apps with minimal coding efforts.
The concept of low code development is not new to the developers. Coders are already applying no-code methodologies to deliver apps without coding. However, there is a slight difference between the two modes of cross-platform mobile app development with little or no coding.
Read here to know more about no code apps and tools
Low code platforms need no introduction to those who belong to the coding community. But there are still many coders who are just on their way to get started with low code development for the first time. Let’s have a look at the best 10+ low code platforms to try in 2021:
List Of Top 10+ Low-code Development Platforms in 2021:
- Oracle Apex
- Microsoft PowerApps
- Quick Base
- Studio Creatio
- Google Appmaker
- Visual Lansa
#1 – Appian
Appian Corporation appeared in 1999 & today it’s a topmost player among the best low code development technologies used by global businesses. This low-code platform stands apart for its features & ability to develop apps without wasting a single minute. The major benefit of a low code platform comes with Appian that holds the largest user base including beginners as well as experts.
Moreover, Appian is one of the best-recognized low code development tools by Gartner Magic Quadrant & a most preferred choice for rapid development of app software. This open-source low code platform is equipped with incredible functions to provide 20 times higher speed than traditional methods of app building.
Users can effortlessly create smart applications on Appian’s intelligent software development platform. It delivers highly secure & user-friendly low code apps to optimize overall productivity with easy options to manage & monitor business operations.
- Availability of native AI services
- Drag & drop tools
- Offers seamless no-code integration of AI ML development tools with the support of Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, & other advanced technologies.
- Enables codeless app development with flexible options to integrate business data, systems, & a range of automated services.
Appian is best known for amazing usability & assured user satisfaction that makes it superior among popular low-code platforms for developers. According to Forrester, Appian has served an annual revenue of around $12 billion to its customers.
#2 – Gramex
This particular low-code platform enables users to create power-packed mobile apps in the shortest timeline. Gramex is a perfect choice for those who are using machine learning as a service to customize a complex mobile app for cross platforms.
This unique low code tool is integrated with plentiful features & functions to create high-performing AI & data science apps to help enterprises & small businesses in meeting their challenges.
- Equipped with 200+ ready-to-use components, 70 libraries, 15 connectors, 25 processors, & around 40 visuals.
- Requires UI-based setup that can be configured without coding.
- Shares real-time business insights with the users.
- Brings Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that provides interfaces to integrate Rest APIs & microservices to the app.
Gramex is currently available in 3 editions & are categorized as community edition (free), Lite edition ($3,999/app), and Enterprise edition ($ 8,999 for 2 or more apps).
#3 – Mendix
Mendix is one more front-runner in the low code development market. This American low-code platform for businesses facilitates awesome support for quick & simplified low code & no-code development. Users are fond of using this tool to enjoy one-click deployment, data security & integration, smart app management, & more exclusive benefits.
Although the budget requirements for this specific platform may exceed the estimated cost for developing apps for startups or small businesses, using Mendix is still the best approach to be efficient & free from the stress of line-to-line coding.
- Fully customized kit of IDE for every user.
- Ready-made APIs & connectors to customize solutions built on the low platform tool.
- First low code platform featuring a framework to build apps powered by react native for startups.
- Integrated with pre-defined templates that can be organized with a simple drag & drop functionality.
- Atlas framework to create custom UI designs with added creativity.
Both trial package & community edition of Mendix are free while the costs of single, pro, & enterprise editions start from $1,875, $5,375, & $7,825 respectively.
#4 – Oracle Apex
A unique low platform powered by various attractive features to simplify the procedures of mobile app development. Both enterprises & experienced coders are fans of the low code capabilities of Oracle Apex in terms of eliminating the major challenges of building apps. Rated as the most reliable platform for low code development, Oracle Apex reports a 90% user satisfaction rate with a 4.5-star rating out of 5.
- Oracle Jet to incorporate multiple visual components & charts within the app.
- Attached with highly customizable & appealing charts with multicolored alternatives including data.
- Enables block-based coding to build secure enterprise apps.
- Provides descriptive documentation & tutorials to guide beginners.
#5 – Vinyl
Designed & developed by Zudy, Vinyl is a game-changing low code platform that focuses on easy data integration with custom mobile app development technologies. It blends low code functionalities with attributes of no-code results. This advanced tool for mobile app development runs on the patented technology under the names of Zudy & trusted for optimal data management with no worries of re-hosting.
Vinyl is most liked for its ability to empower developers with no-coding benefits & accelerated app creation processes.
- Triple-layered architecture (Business logic layer, Data Access layer, & design layer) for productive designing & development.
- End-to-end environment to customize a software product as per the business requirements.
- user-friendly & easy-to-integrate low code platform.
- Patented Lite Integration technology to leverage any system & data source with real-time access to a single screen.
#6 – Microsoft PowerApps
This low-code platform for business is dedicated to building professional-level apps for enterprises. It stands as the best problem solver for enterprises struggling to manage multifarious business operations & the productivity of their workforce who are remote working from home. The availability of pre-built templates saves a lot of time with the advantage of instant delivery of a low code app.
Microsoft PowerApps is the best-rated platform with a customer satisfaction rating of 97%.
- Allows developers to add high-level features with integration of Azure functions.
- Upgraded tools to create modern apps featuring models, portals, creative canvas, & more distinctive elements.
- Top-quality app templates for the users who need to know why choose agile app development methods for building apps.
- Far more affordable than other platforms with multiple pricing packages.
- Code plugins are available in the form of business logic with advanced data services.
- Uses robust query tools & data connectors to attach data in a CDS format.
#7 – Kissflow
This cloud-based low-code platform is combined with a bunch of worthful tools for process control, project management, data management, case management, & other procedures associated with business operations. All these tools play a major role in improving the workflow & making it completely seamless for modern developers.
The most popular tools of this low code platform are meant for tagging, custom task cards, status tracking, Kanban boards, etc. offer more options for project management apps with stunning features to run multiple polls, surveys, channels with the highest efficiency.
- Runs as a Business Process Management platform to produce top-performing apps with limited coding knowledge.
- Drag and drop functionality with minimal coding.
- Gather important insights & custom reports to support users.
- Powered by fully secure & strict data storage systems to safeguard sensitive information with multi-layer authentication.
- Provides pre-built reports in b/w the mobile app development process.
#8 – Quickbase
The majority of developers find it easy to use Quickbase for low code app development. It is a globally-used low code software that is also considered as cloud-based RAD. The Quickbase tool absolutely justifies its name as one can quickly create basic apps with a pool of peculiar features for rapid development.
From eCommerce to healthcare, finance, retail, & more, several business platforms with distinctive features, technologies, & purposes are powered by Quickbase. The current rating of this low code platform for businesses is 4.5 stars.
- Excellent platform management support & compatibility.
- Easier automation with end-to-end process
- Centralized data with benefits of multiple payment modes.
- Real-time updates with outstanding support to selective needs of enterprises.
#9 – Studio Creatio
The perfect low code platform to leverage digital transformation technologies in your software product with low technical expertise. The low code mobile app development platform allows you to work with next-gen technologies including .Net tools, SOAP, open API, REST, Odata, & more.
- Incredible automation for low code & no-code development with configurational ease.
- Advanced AI/ML tools to boost business productivity with speedy in-house operations, data-based decisions, & analysis.
- Set of compelling UI tools for effective visual modeling.
- Exclusive app wizard feature to view various types of apps.
- Added features for improved security & administration.
- Special BPM structure to manage unstructured processes.
#10 – Google App Maker
Since this low code development platform is designed by Google itself, coders can confidently rely on it. It together brings G-suite business & G-suite enterprise. As similar to other low code tools, Google App maker features drag-and-drop functionality for simplified placement of components. Even though it comes with a simplified interface & detailed documentation, it demands some sorts of technical skills from a user.
It is a great platform to build customized apps in just a matter of minutes. One can have access to its trial version for 14 days.
- In-built templates are readily available to use
- Drag-and-drop UI interface simplifies overall customization
- Best support to cloud SQL
- Connects effortlessly with calendar, Gmail, sheets, & other Google features.
- Amazing features to edit layouts with ultimate ease.
- Acts as a web-based tool that supports both macOS & Windows
#11 – Xplenty
Xplenty intends to let users create low code applications with incredible data integration support to extract, transfer, & load components with ease. It allows individuals to extract data pipelines from over 100 data sources.
Its potential is backed by flexibility, easier customization, & pre-designed integrations to ensure agile development of software. Hence, anyone can quickly develop apps using Xplenty with no coding at all. Business software review website has recently reviewed Xplenty with 4.4-star ratings out of 5.
- Delivers great alternatives for both low code & no-code development tools.
- Drag & drop functionality
- Attached with an API connector
- Enables codeless development with flawless data transformations
- Capable of migrating data efficiently
#12 – Visual Lansa
Visual Lansa is the right low code technology for those who are aiming to run business with a distributed agile team. This platform deserved a space in our list of handpicked low code development platforms to produce powerful apps rapidly. It converges the mobile app development lifecycle & further improves the productivity of enterprise app creators.
- Useful IDEs for creating fully functional enterprise apps for websites, mobile, & desktops.
- Favors faster development & delivery of the project at the lowest cost.
- Offers ultimate control to testing, deployment, & app maintenance
- Compatible with IBM, Windows, & web
- Enables users to code within the IDE
Some Stats To Grab On Low-code Platforms
Let’s make you aware of some stunning facts & stats about low code platforms before we get you involved in a deep discussion on these prominent tools used with mobile app development frameworks.
- The population from the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is the key driving force behind the augmented market growth of the low-code development industry. While North America became the largest market for low code platforms in 2019, APAC zones are forecasted to be one of the fastest-growing markets for low code apps between 2020-2030.
- The worldwide revenue share for low-code development reached $10.3 billion in 2019 & it is projected to increase at a CAGR of 31.1% during the period of 2020-2030.
- The impact of COVID-19 also influenced enterprises to consider low-code platforms for their mobile app development strategies.
- A report by Forrester interprets that the low code market will witness a great hike with around $20 billion spendings in 2022.
- Gartner’s predictions also revealed that low-code platforms will cover almost 65% of the mobile app development lifecycle by the year 2024.
These impressive statistics on the popularity & success of low code programming gets you a sneak peek into the future of such platforms. In the hustle & bustle of outlining mobile app architecture best practices, you must not forget the benefits of low code platforms for building stellar mobile apps for cross platforms.
All About Low-code Development & Features
Low code development tools are immensely famous in the community of developers. It’s not possible to resist yourself from trying these platforms that allow you to create dynamic & scalable mobile apps without writing bulks of codes on your own. But the question of what is low code development arises the moment you hear about the term low-code for the first time.
In simple terms, the best low-code platforms for businesses are intentionally designed to cut down your hand-coding efforts that eventually shorten the proposed product development timeline. Programmers who are gearing up to start their first project on Machine Learning can give a try low code tools to minimize their struggles in manual coding. All the so-called citizen developers depend on such innovative platforms to ensure rapid custom app development at low costs.
From startups to small & medium enterprises and top-level organizations, businesses are turning towards custom low code app solutions to optimize their in-house team productivity at a faster pace. Such apps eliminate the dependency on basic software or programs used to track, monitor, & manage business processes. On the other hand, non-technical developers always choose low coding tools to avoid writing long lines of codes again & again.
Here are some major low code capabilities that no one can ignore while defining the most suitable strategies & uses of cross app development for a project:
- Enables speedy development of business-centric apps to empower businesses at various aspects of in-house operations, team productivity, cost-cutting, automation, & more.
- Serves a simplified route to conduct rapid development of low code apps with a simple logic & advanced drag & drop feature.
- Facilitates a Graphic User Interface to fast forward the mobile app development cycle with lesser investment in coding, testing, deployment, & post-delivery maintenance.
- It’s comparatively easier to build & customize a mobile app on low code platforms than known iOS & Android app development frameworks as per your business requirements.
- Comes with an intuitive toolkit to build software apps without getting into a deep coding process. Low code platforms extend support to minimal hand-written coding with reusable elements, user interface designs, single-step deployment, & other add-ons to the app.
- Empowers businesses to integrate high-end low code app solutions without being reliant on IT teams or outsource app development agencies.
Why Opt For A Low-code Approach Over Standard Development Methods?
When it comes to coding, present-day programmers choose to leverage low-code platforms without giving any second thought. It is clearly understood that most modern developers are turning towards such popular low code tools to accelerate the development cycle and improve their coding capabilities. The low code tools are often referred to as LCDP & preferred to create fully functional mobile apps at slashed costs to develop iOS app & coding. It simply means that both professional developers & non-developers can get started with low-code mobile app development for startups. Writing long lines of codes turns out to be tiring & too time-consuming for developers who always aim to implement smart tactics & stay productive in their development jobs.
The innovation of low-code technology revolutionized the way developers used to code apps. Perhaps one big reason behind the growing popularity & demands for low code development is less dependency on software development services & high productivity in business operations. While newcomers struggle to establish their brand in the industry, their existing competitors go beyond their limits to boost their growth & profits.
Having no clue about the right technology stack for designing & developing your mobile app is not a big deal of course. Even experienced coders stay in a confused state of mind when there is a bundle of top hybrid app frameworks to choose from for crafting a custom mobiles app for business with trending features.
When traditional methods of app creation restrict individuals to write codes manually, top open-source low-code platforms dissolve the necessity of hand-written coding. Using low-code for enterprise mobility app development is a part of an effective business strategy to produce robust applications without compromising with the budget & requirements of an enterprise. Enterprises failing to deal with a series of challenges to run their business consider a low code development approach rather than investing in traditional modes of Android & iOS app development.
The standard method of building apps could exceed the budget as well as an estimation of how long does it takes to develop an application for project delivery. Following are the major parameters that elaborate the reasons why should enterprises choose low code over traditional development:
#1 – Tool/Functions
Traditional coding brings a set of in-built tools for Android app development to produce highly complex applications while low code platforms offer seamless routes to create apps with limited options to experiment with new & smarter development tools.
#2 – Bugs & Errors
The high probabilities of errors in manual coding result in the recurrence of bugs in the app’s functionality. Low code platforms for business developers are proven to eliminate such technical errors up to a great extent.
#3 – Budget
Low code development is comparatively cheaper than the overall cost to develop an iOS app with traditional methods that demands resource & maintenance expense.
#4 – Agility
Too many complexities with line-to-line coding add more time & effort in traditional ways of app creation while low-code enables easy actions to drag & drop elements with no hassles at all.
Inspired By Low Code Technology? Hire Appventurez To Get Robust Business Apps
Meanwhile, we are closing our discussion on the best 10+ low code platforms for 2021, you can approach experts at Appventurez to explore more about this revolutionary technology & its benefits from a coding point of view. With tight budget constraints & rising business challenges, investing in low code development services is an ideal approach for startups or small-scale enterprises to get scalable cross-platform apps with engaging features.
Co-Founder and AVP Technology at Appventurez. An accomplished Android and React Native developer who is a fan of clean and optimized code, he is a passionate team builder having smart project managerial skills and has a deep love to provide end to end solution.
⚡️ by Appventurez
Hey there! This is Omji, author of this blog. Leave your email address and we'll keep you posted on what we're up to.
This will subscribe you to Appventurez once-a-month newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime. And we promise not to pester you or share your data :)
Hey there, wondering where this article came from? It was produced by some people at Appventurez, a Mobile & Web App Development Company. We are here for solutioning of your technological needs.
Our Latest Blog
Whether you have a boutique in a beach town or a cosmetic store in the city, yo...Read more
Table Of Contents -Mobile App Rewriting Vs Refactoring: Both Are Not Synonym...Read more
Let the two horizons meet at a point – serve your Android users with iOS app ...Read more