One of the biggest tech events – Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) 2021 – from the leading tech giant Apple kicked off with some exciting announcements. Being the most awaited event for technopreneurs, development communities, and innovators, WWDC 2021 always brings the latest versions of operating systems for Apple devices.
Last year, WWDC 2020 keynote highlights iOS 14 features and several new announcements. From gaming updates to the app development community, the event brought some surprises as well as routine updates with operating systems.
The event will run for 5 days, that is, 7th June to 11th June. Each day brings a lot of surprises that boost the development of web and mobile applications. In this post, we will share the top highlights of WWDC 2021 keynote day 1. Have a look:
#1 Announcement For The Launch Of iOS 15 Along WIth Competitive Features
One of the new highlights in Apple’s own message application incorporates the collage view that allows clients to see users in a collective design when somebody sends numerous pictures. Users can share the pictures through the ‘Shared with you’ folder available on their devices with other users with whom they are chatting.
Teh calling app of iOS devices got new features to support Spatial audio, and blur the backgrounds (just like Google Meet). Moreover, the GridView will help users to see multiple profiles on the calls at the same time. These features will be compatible with both Android and Windows browsers.
Notifications get the option for customization with design and alerts. Moreover, alerts will be based on different activities like working, driving, sleeping, etc. Moreover, there will be an option to customize the widgets in the notification as well.
A new feature in the iOS Camera app will allow the users to implement the Live Text and identify them in the images. These texts can be animal names, places, dates, or anything else. Moreover, users can also add music to the stories stored in the gallery (just like the option available in Google Photos).
A major update with the iOS 15 launch is 3D Apple Maps. Users will get a detailed focus on the locations during the navigation. Landmarks, lanes, crosswalks, etc. – everything will be crystal clear in the Apple Maps app with 3D showcasing.
#2 Enhanced Multitasking With iPadOS 15
a) Homescreen Widgets
Now users will get access to widgets on the iPadOS 15 home screen. This update will reflect the similarity of iOS devices, with an even bigger size option. Better clarity with text and icons enhances the display of iPadOS.
b) Welcome To App Library
Apple WWDC 2021 highlighted the range of iOS features and their compatibility. Now, users will see the App Library in iPadOS as well, apart from other iOS devices. This will make the arrangement of applications simple and automated.
c) Introducing ‘Quick Notes’
Now making notes becomes easy and you can also share them by mentioning users’ names with the ‘@’ symbol. The ‘Notes’ app will let users share the doc file with the mentioned user. It can be controlled by just swiping up from the button of the device at the right corner.
#3 Launch Of watchOS 8 At WWDC 2021 Keynote
- Track respiratory rate with new watchOS 8. This health update is a big addition to Apple’s smartwatch and will deliver reports for sleeping, walking, etc. The company also added new workout modes, including Tai Chi and Pilates.
- The inclusion of ‘Portraits WatchFace’ will make the photos more clear. It will reshape the layout of the layered clock display in the Apple Watch
- The users will be able to input the text with ‘Scribble’. The watchOS 8 will recognize the handwriting and incorporate it into the top-right text view. The cursor can be placed easily by using the crown before drawing the letter or any symbol.
#4 The New macOS ‘Monterey’
- Specially named after the Californian landmark, macOS Monterey is one of the biggest announcements in WWDC 2021 Keynote highlights.
- Apple also introduces the new universal control feature, which will help users to utilize the same devices on iMac as well as iPad, such as mouse and keyboard.
- Introduction of AirPlay in macOS Monterey will make the screencasting of iOS devices easy on iMac.
- Browsing and tab management becomes flexible with the addition of Tab Grouping and Tab Bookmarking in Safari.
#5 Enhanced Security with New Privacy Features
- Users won’t become frustrated with unwanted ads. Apple added new Ad Tracker blocking features in the Mail app. Moreover, the data will also remain out of threat due to those unwanted ads.
- WWDC 2021 keynote again brought a new service called iCloud+. It offers several features like the Private Relay that will act as a VPN. It also helps to encrypt the web traffic on an iOS device.
- Another great addition to privacy features is an App tracker dashboard. The dashboard is quite flexible to track all the activities related to the exchange of data through installed apps in Apple devices.
#6 Other Special Updates
- Apple presents the HomePod Mini Stereo, which will give quality and stereo sound when paired with an Apple TV. Before the announcement, the feature was restricted to only original HomePod devices.
- Apple has also made it easy for users to find the AirPods with the FindMy app. The app will alert the users when they left them outside, without their case. Hence, making the devices easy to find for the users.
More To Come Tomorrow!
The event is big, and always gains attention from the millions of tech people across the globe. These updates are just from day 1 of the WWDC 2021 keynote, and there might be more surprises left in their bucket to announce in the remaining days.
Stay connected with us to gain more information about the biggest tech event of the year!
Being an enthusiast tech geek, he is leading the team through immense support and guidance along the software development journey. He has the capability to utilize multiple technologies and frameworks while building the futuristic digital products.
⚡️ by Appventurez
Hey there! This is Suryansh, author of this blog. Leave your email address and we'll keep you posted on what we're up to.
This will subscribe you to Appventurez once-a-month newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime. And we promise not to pester you or share your data :)
Hey there, wondering where this article came from? It was produced by some people at Appventurez, a Mobile & Web App Development Company. We are here for solutioning of your technological needs.
Our Latest Blog
Due to the rapid digitalization, it’s imperative to keep track of top tech up...Read more
Change is only constant in the creation and scaling of startups. You never know...Read more