The biggest tech event of the year WWDC 2020 has come to an end with a lot of surprises and expectations as well. Tim Cook started off the event with one of the biggest announcements of iOS 14 software. And afterwards, we saw plenty of updates with TVOS, WatchOS and iPad as well.
Let’s get started in series from the beginning of WWDC 2020:
iOS 14 & Latest Features
Apple announced ioS 14 on the very first day of the event. The software comes with more features and functions that are focused on benefitting user experience. Let’s get started with what it will going to offer:
- App Clip: Apple updates a new feature in its App Store feature that allows users to quickly install a demo version of an app. This version will only offer necessary or main features so that users know an app’s working purpose.
- Picture-in-picture (PIP): The feature allows users to do multitasking while streaming videos in the background. It is perfect for users who have other tasks to do with their iOS device while watching videos.
- App Library: This feature will showcase all the apps that users use the most. Whether they downloaded it at that moment or not, this library will list up all of them.
- CarPlay: The new update from Apple is going to control your car’s security. Currently, they are talking with BMX to integrate this feature as digital keys for their cars.
- Siri: There is a new design for Siri in iOS 14. With a speedy interface, it won’t take over fullscreen to be operated by the users.
Apple watch also came with new and updated features that will enhance user experience. Let’s get started with them:
- Dance Mode: For fitness lovers, WatchOS 7 comes with the new dance mode feature that will help to track users’ calories and notify them accordingly.
- Hand Wash Detection: WatchOS 7 will also detect hand washing activity of the user. It will notify users that they have successfully washed their hands for 20 seconds.
- Face Sharing: Users can easily share customized faces on different online resources to increase the engagement with WatchOS. There are some new faces introduced as well.
- Cycle Route Tracking: Users will be notified for the best routes to do cycling. This mode will help them with traffic alerts along the journey to have an environment-friendly activity.
Announced MacOS Big Sur
Another big update from WWDC 2020 day 2 is macOS Big Sur that comes with major updates.
- New Notification Center: The update with macOS Big Sur is that users can easily read them in a single view and select.
- Apps built on Flutter: MacOS Big Sur has new applications that are built on GoogleUI toolkit – Flutter app development. For better native experience, Apple utilized the open-source tool.
- Enhanced Screen: With new features, users will be able to see more screen space as widgets are aligned well in the footer and header of the screen.
- AI-enabled Features: Apple has also integrated apps AI and machine learning development. The initiative is taken to upgrade the human interface of these apps so that they can perform better.
Smart AirPods Pro
Apple product AirPods has been one of the favorite gadgets for iOS users. Along with the announcement of iOS 14, this product also got a boost in features:
- Smart Charging: For the sake of better battery life, Apple integrated smart charging feature that will automatically stop their charging at 80% and notify users.
- Enhanced Sounds: New AirPods pro is capable of adjusting sounds according to the environmental noises.
- Smart Switching: Another smart update in AirPods is automatic switching between the devices. When a call comes on the user’s iPhone, the pods will automatically to it and then again switch back to the first device.
iPad OS Updates:
Apple announces new features and updates with iPad OS 14 as well in WWDC 2020 event. Let’s see what are they:
- Scribbble: The well-known Apple Pencil has now power to touch every corner of the iPad screen. From drag-n-drop to user complete interface, the updates gave it a boost for the iPad users.
- Better SearchUI: Apple has completely redesigned Ui of the iPad OS 14 and it has better search options for the users. Widgets are being updated and functionalities get improved with these updates.
Gaming & Xbox
As the developers also expecting something useful and adaptive for them, Apple announces several updates regarding games and Xbox:
- Wireless Controller: With gaming development updates, Apple unveils compatibility features for wireless gaming controllers. These updates will offer better connectivity to the console with the devices.
- iPad Compatibility: The gaming updates also gave a scope for iPad users as they can able to connect their device with wireless controllers. iOS app development will get opportunities to enable devices with this functionality.
Other Crucial Announcements
- Safari 14 has now come with more web privacy secure user login. Apple conveyed to implement Face ID in the application so that users don’t need to enter username and passwords manually.
- Rosetta 2 is introduced with new translation criteria in more languages. The feature will work in all iOS devices along with Siri speech recognition feature.
- Apple says no to Intel Chips, as they will soon be going to use their own ARM-based microprocessors for their devices.
- Another major announcement at WWDC 2020 Day 4 session is ‘Hey’ email app in iOS devices to overcome privacy issues of the users.
- For smart automation, Apple also updates Homekit apps to help users organize their homes with wireless connectivity.
As the event came to an end at Day 4, tech lovers were expecting more from the Cupertino tech giant. However, the announcements and revelations are giving good experience through the beta iOS 14 developer version. Hopefully, we can see some major launches from the company at the end of this fall. Stay tuned for it!
A young entrepreneurial technocrat who is the Co-Founder & CEO at Appventurez Mobitech. After completion of his masters in Computer Application, he dived into the world of technology as an iOS developer. As a CEO, he firmly believes teamwork and collaboration are the essential tools for any company’s success.
⚡️ by Appventurez
Hey there! This is Ajay, author of this blog. Leave your email address and we'll keep you posted on what we're up to.
This will subscribe you to Appventurez once-a-month newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime. And we promise not to pester you or share your data :)
Hey there, wondering where this article came from? It was produced by some people at Appventurez, a Mobile & Web App Development Company. We are here for solutioning of your technological needs.
Our Latest Blog
Whether you have a boutique in a beach town or a cosmetic store in the city, yo...Read more
Table Of Contents -Mobile App Rewriting Vs Refactoring: Both Are Not Synonym...Read more
Let the two horizons meet at a point – serve your Android users with iOS app ...Read more