The programming world is extremely vast and can be considered as never-ending. With endless programming languages, frameworks, coding techniques, and whatnot, mobile app developers can explore so much.
Read More – Java vs Python
- Added dependencies
- Supported framework
- Flexible and powerful programming language
- Utilize server and client-side
- Great scripting language for the beginners
- Well developed testing workflow
- Support for modules, interfaces, classes, etc
- Run easily in any browser with compiled code
- Powerful, flexible, and dynamic language
- Framework unsupported
- Used for cross-platform app development
- Strong testing workflow
- Easy to start for beginners
- Added objects to use
- The platform is extremely flexible in nature
What is TypeScript?
Read More – Node JS Vs Angular JS
Mobile app developers use the TypeScript in the Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio 2017 along with WebStorm, Visual Studio Code, that are added to Atom, Sublime Text, Vim, Emacs, Eclipse, etc.
Read more – Introduction to Angular
Why use TypeScript?
Here are the major reasons that make developers opt for TypeScript for their projects.
- Supports API Documentation and JS libraries
- Use of object-oriented programming techniques
- Better code structuring
- Better development tool and time support
Features of TypeScript
Typescript is a platform that is used due to a number of features along with classes, interface, and typing. Here are a few of them.
- Class-based and object-oriented programming language
- Rich IDE to utilize autocomplete and code navigation
- Private interfaces and members
- Supports sub-interfaces, interfaces, subclasses, and classes
- Client-side development is extremely scalable with HTML5
- Supports ES6
- Able to be refactored and discoverable codes
- Adde functional features
- Relatively easy to maintain
- Bug prevention and code navigation
Benefits of TypeScript
- Better coding for complex and larger projects
- It offers a better collaboration of code for the developers that can get code messier. But to detect the errors in the messier code easily, the Type Safety command is used for better and efficient coding experience.
- It enhances productivity due to the use of a number of platforms such as dynamic typing, ECMAScript 6 code, etc.
Apart from this, here is a list of the major pros and cons of TypeScript programming language.
How to use TypeScript
To understand it better, here are the brands that are using TypeScript.
|Language||Object-oriented programming (OOP) language||Scripting language|
|Type||Strongly type OOP language||Interpreted & lightweight|
|Learning Curve||Prior knowledge of scripting language||Easy to learn & flexible|
|Time||Takes compilation time||Faster|
|File extension||.ts or .tsx||.js|
|Client/Server-side||Mainly for client-side||Both for server and client-side|
|Annotations||Constant code annotation to get the main features||No need of annotation|
|Data Binding||Uses concept like interfaces or types||No concept available|
|Static typing||Supports||No concept|
|Syntax||Uses variables, modules, comments expressions, statements, functions, etc.||Uses Script tags with the main tags <script> and </script> used at the start and end of the code|
|Interface||Has an interface||No interface|
|Module support||Supports||No support|
|Prototyping features||Features available||No features|
|Optional parameter features||Supports||No support|
|Developers community||Smaller community base||Large community base|
|Preference to Choose||Code is cleaner, constant, reusable, and simple that is ideal for large projects||Preferable for smaller projects|
|Npm Package||Uses the concept of interfaces and types||No such concept|
|Ecosystem||An intuitive and powerful ecosystem that adds features like intersection, union types, union, and discriminated||No need to build step to create code and offers options to explore|
|Salary of Developers||Annual pay around $1473,687 to $104,264||Annual pay around $110,777 to $140,113|
|Light/Heavy Weight||Heavyweight platform||Light-weight platform|
What is TypeScript used for:
- TypeScript is an ideal platform when it comes to preferring compile-time type checking. The platform allows the developers to verify their code during the runtime only that avoids compile-time validation.
- It is best when there are multiple or large projects in the queue especially when a team of developers is working together. To make the development easier, TypeScript is generally used.
- TypeScript works on the new mobile app development frameworks and libraries that help developers to work on the new projects easily.
- It is best for small projects that depend upon the smaller code.
- The platform has a strong team that works on the strong testing workflow using the test-driven development code.
Co-Founder and VP Mobile Architect at Appventurez. An expert programmer who is passionate and loves to explore emerging mobile technologies. As a leader, he is a perfect match as he is always there for the team to help and guide them to learn and implement smartly and effectively.
⚡️ by Appventurez
Hey there! This is Ashish, author of this blog. Leave your email address and we'll keep you posted on what we're up to.
This will subscribe you to Appventurez once-a-month newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime. And we promise not to pester you or share your data :)
Hey there, wondering where this article came from? It was produced by some people at Appventurez, a Mobile & Web App Development Company. We are here for solutioning of your technological needs.
Our Latest Blog
Are you worried about whether your Android app can be switched to HarmonyOS or ...Read more
Small and medium-sized enterprises are increasingly facing cyber threats. SMEs ...Read more
Occupied timetables, constant duties, and life, when all is said in done, make ...Read more