The best things never obsolete, they advanced with the passage of time and the coming of technologies. Similarly, websites that were the center of attention many years back lost their stardom with the advent of mobile applications and technology.
As mobile apps are still the center of attraction and attention, obsoleting websites was not possible as users often search for the website for authentication. Hence, a mid path was required to take things back on track.
Thus, the midway was- PWA or Progressive web apps. This way, the website made their comeback to the users’ smartphone with the best of features and functionality while providing all the comfort and convenience.
So, making a space in the smartphones of the users, websites with a more advanced version called PWA entered the scene and made everything great back again.
Now, users can access the organization, a shopping brand, or anything from a PWA while accessing each feature greatly. The smart and advanced version of the website has now taken the smartphones and these PWAs are gaining a lot of popularity.
As PWAs are gaining popularity, the methods of creating apps from various progressive web apps frameworks are also coming into play.
Here in this blog, we will be exploring various progressive web application frameworks to let you choose the best one for your PWA application.
But before getting started, let us have a look at why PWA and why are we praising it continuously.
Top PWA Statistics 2020
- PWA got a higher conversion rate when comparing its native apps.
- Progressive Web apps have seen 50% of more user engagement.
- Many businesses have noticed a decrease in page loading speed of up to 10 times.
- PWAs are economic and cost 3-4 times less than native mobile apps.
- It requires 33% less to maintain a PWA.
- PWAs can be 90% smaller than the native apps.
- The average recorded bounce rate of a PWA is 42.86%.
Meanwhile, there is more information about PWA and its related branches. Get a closer look at what is progressive web application, its benefits, features, components, characteristics, and others in our blog called- Things You Need to Know About Progressive Web Applications.
Completing the blog, you will be equipped with an in-depth understanding of PWA. keeping the same thought in mind, let’s get started with the Progressive web apps frameworks.
Top Progressive Web Apps Frameworks For The Year 2020
Progressive web app Angular is great for single-page applications because of its DOM. It can simply suggest the structure required for the application, also the suggestions it got is based on a huge project network.
Also, it has got a two-way data binding feature making it developers look for real-time synchronization between the model and the video, where each change is reflected instantly on the view.
Why Choose Angular ?
Angular, best frameworks for progressive web apps is highly used for enterprise mobility app development solutions and with the release of Angular 8, PWAs app development becomes way simpler and easier.
This version of Angular 8 with inbuilt features meant for creating responsive and reliable PWAs. Also, it is great for those websites in which content changes dynamically baked-on user behavior and preferences. Get an understanding of angular answering why and when to use Angular.
- AngularJS codes are unit testable.
- Dependency injections are highly reusable.
- Angular decreases the amount of code due to two-way data binding.
- The design architecture makes the programmer locate and develop codes more easily.
- The customization flexibility falls with Angular.
- As compared to React or Vue, the Angular learning curve is stepper due to its dynamic nature.
- It got limited SEO options with minimal accessibility for search engines.
- One needs to learn Typescript to use Angular.
- It is a little complex.
“Check out- Angular 10 features with new features”
Introduced back in 2013, Ionic is an open-source framework whereas Google has developed it for front end development too and was launched in the year 2017.
Ionic uses Cordova for implementing native elements with HTML 5 for developing hybrid apps too. It is developed as the front end framework made to manage all the UI along with keeping in consideration “look and feel” elements of the application.
One of the next best frameworks for progressive web apps Ionic is great due to its open-source framework functionality, it is used for both purposes- personal and commercial.
Why Choose Ionic ?
Ionic, progressive web apps framework for PWA development is highly used by developers due to its straightforward designing structure. These applications can even run on slower networks while providing faster installation times.
- The cross-platform apps with a single codebase can be users across multiple platforms and devices. (get to know- uses of cross-platform app development)
- This Ionic framework is based on Angular’s component API, this Angular supports Ionic.
- The framework is considered easy to learn.
- It got a range of capabilities and plugins.
- Its UI elements give the look and feel exactly like a Native application.
- The app performance built on Ionic, the pwa framework is often considered worse than the native one.
- Increasing security risks.
It is highly used for its Virtual DOM capabilities making it a perfect option for apps that demand stable release for catering huge user volumes.
Why Choose React PWA ?
If one is willing to opt for single page web applications or PWAs, using React can offer the feel and look of both native and web apps. Also, it does not require a lot of revenue for developing PWAs.
- The developers got flexibility in choosing the routing library.
- The updates here are easier to upscale.
- Development tools with it are advanced and powerful.
- Debugging and testing are easier.
- Fast application performance can be done easily with virtual DOM.
- It got conditions for creating dynamic applications.
- It is only great for front end solutions.
- It is difficult for beginners to learn and understand it quickly.
- View-orientedness is the top con to React js development.
Check out the comparative analysis between React vs Angular.
Developed by Google, Polymer got a range of tools, templates, and web components. With such things, Polymer pwa is seen as the top choice for PWA development.
The browser it has is packed with the ecosystem along with features and new APIs with every update. Polymer’s outlook toward front end development makes it an outstanding choice for top progressive web app frameworks.
Why Choose Polymer ?
Polymer when comparing it with jQuery, React PWA or progressive web app Angular, promotes the original platform of the web. The framework aids developers to make use of reusable web components without bloated functions. It is also considered as Progressive Web apps future when developers can easily add functionality with just a click whenever required.
- Developers can create software just by using web components.
- Universal code with the exception of components.
- It got some packages for supporting all kinds of business development.
- Polymer users often complain about the limited choice of tools.
- The library it has uses certain pieces of code that are not supported by browsers in return.
Vue is a newcomer in front of Angular and React. With its release in the year 2014, Vue has grown and become one of the top front end frameworks. It is used for developing interactive web applications. It is used maximum by companies for integrating and using it for front end development.
A maximum number of developers use it because of its capability to function on top of the designed structure. The applications made using Vue, progressive web apps frameworks are smaller in size as compared to the other apps making the app perform better and smoothly.
The documentation in it is easy and simple. All it takes developers is to learn CSS and HTML basics.
Vue progressive web app objective is to provide benefits of reactive data binding and composable view components with API. It has got a view layer that is flexible yet straightforward making it one of the topmost progressive web app frameworks.
Get a quick look at the comparative guide to Vue vs React.
Why Choose Vue ?
Vue js creates the right balance between high-level design and security specifics. Also, when it comes to an app that can be integrated with other applications, Vue is seen as the top choice. Also, if you are willing to create prototypes, one can simply go ahead with Vue chosen as progressive web application frameworks.
- Its two-way data binding ensures a great connection between model and view.
- Its simple documentation makes the learning curve easier for beginners too.
- Beginners with knowledge of JS can also use Vue.
- Vue’s structure is made in such a way that developers can easily create user interface components with it and also reuse it for other projects.
- It got typescript support too.
- It has some language barrier as many of the plugins are written in the Chinese language.
- Due to component instability, flexibility leads to irregularities for coding efforts.
- It is still limited to a smaller community.
Check out the difference between Vue js vs Angular for better understanding.
No doubt, these progressive web application frameworks are great for developing PWAs, however, it is critical to choose the right framework for the PWA app.
More number of PWA technology is coming on the market along with top tools. Thus, selecting one right framework among many is quite challenging. In order to choose the right and most appropriate one, it is necessary to understand that each framework has its capacity, features, the solutions, the size, complexity, expected scalability along with interactive elements- altogether playing the role in selecting one.
The next thing you need to check is the size of the development team, their expertise, maturity, or if they are capable of maintaining and upgrading the application whenever required.
There is more about the right technology one needs to look at before nodding yes to one framework for the project. Connect with our PWA experts to know the deep core understanding to get started with.
Co-Founder and AVP Technology at Appventurez. An accomplished Android and React Native developer who is a fan of clean and optimized code, he is a passionate team builder having smart project managerial skills and has a deep love to provide end to end solution.
⚡️ by Appventurez
Hey there! This is Omji, author of this blog. Leave your email address and we'll keep you posted on what we're up to.
This will subscribe you to Appventurez once-a-month newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime. And we promise not to pester you or share your data :)
Hey there, wondering where this article came from? It was produced by some people at Appventurez, a Mobile & Web App Development Company. We are here for solutioning of your technological needs.
Our Latest Blog
Whether you have a boutique in a beach town or a cosmetic store in the city, yo...Read more
Table Of Contents -Mobile App Rewriting Vs Refactoring: Both Are Not Synonym...Read more
Let the two horizons meet at a point – serve your Android users with iOS app ...Read more