Since the first appearance of Google’s Golang in 2010, the language has proven its presence in the mobile app development community.
With the continuation, the language has become the most preferred choice of mobile app developers for writing APIs and web services.
In the year 2016, a survey result presented that around 3595 respondents like to use Google’s best Golang web framework for their work done. The numbers today might have changed but the preference for the Golang is still in high demand.
From taking a significant jump to 55th position last year, the language is in full force attracting more professionals from various disciplines using it.
Being used for web services and APIs, there are famous Golang web frameworks that are in demand from mobile app developers.
What is Golang used for?
Being an open-source, compiled programming language, Google’s Golang is actively used for writing native code. Also, it helps developers for creating dependable, proficient, and simple software.
Furthermore, the language eliminates the amount of code typing while establishing the ground for writing unique APIs without hampering its functionality. Apart from that, the language is also able to perform code checking prior to the runtime.
This is just the beginning of Google’s Golang capabilities and goodness, there is more to explore.
Here in this article, we will look into the best of the Golang web frameworks for the year 2020 and beyond. Before that, get a quick understanding of why use Go lang for next project to get started with.
Let’s get started-
11 Best Golang Web Frameworks for 2020
1 – Martini
Martini works like an ecosystem rather than a framework and thus can be easily integrated with third-party support all the while by being light. The web framework is also flexible to extend the capabilities apart from managing loads of functions with minimal overhead.
By being scalable, the framework is developed for writing Golang services and web applications.
Carrying forward its potential,
- Martini renders to requirements like routing, exception dealing and common tricks for doing middleware all the while offering support for wildcards, regex structure, variable parameters and many more.
- Offering so much, Martini is the most cherished Golang web application framework among the community. Though the community is still a little small but the people there are active and have more than 20 plug-ins in its side.
2 – Gin Gonic
Being designed with Martini, another Google’s Golang web application framework in the list, Gin Gonic is considered as a minimalistic framework. The framework carries the most required libraries and features and is considered the best if you are getting started with Golang.
Meanwhile, enquiring about the web framework from a renowned mobile app development company can bring you the best of its knowledge for smooth sailing.
The framework is easier to manage when it comes to tracking issues or debugging and is almost 40% faster than Martini.
- Gin Gonic is apt for developing high performing REST APIs.
- The framework utilizes HTTP routers for handling Golang traffic.
- For documentation, it follows a simple design rule.
3 – Buffalo
Among other Golang Frameworks for Web Development, Buffalo no doubt is considered a great framework for getting started your project with. It acts as an integrated web development ecosystem carrying dthirect guidance.
Among most popular web frameworks, Buffalo is most known for-
- Being easy and really fast for developing web apps by catering to the needs of backend and frontend app development. Thus, it is considered the best backend framework and apt choice for frontend too.
- Its hot reloading features with dev command automatically observe .html and .go files for redeveloping and restarting the binary.
4 – Goji
Next in the list, Goji is lightweight and fast Golang Frameworks for Web Development by being the right combination of simplicity and composing ability.
By being lightweight and fast, the web framework is the preferred choice by a maximum number of mobile app development companies and organizations working on web projects.
The framework looks after-
- Just like net/HTTP ServeMux, it has minimalistic HTTP request multiplexer.
- Apart from holding extra productive features, Goji include URL patterns, re-configurable middleware stack, smooth shutdown capabilities.
5 – Gorilla
The largest of Google’s best Golang Framework, Gorilla justifies its names in the mobile app development community.
Gorilla probably the longest web framework too, caters to net/HTTP library’s reusable components.
When it comes to the best web framework for Golang, Gorilla looks after-
- Through modularity, it features scalability.
- By including new extensions, modules, drop packages, the issue to compromise with functionality will never arise.
- Getting support from native support to WebSockets, this Golang web framework has the potential to go beyond placed requests.
6 – Revel
When it comes to fully-featured another Google’s Golang web frameworks, Revel ranks the first one on the list.
The reasons are-
- It comes with arrays of pre-configured out of the box features that are meant for optimum usage.
- The framework does not require looks for configuration and setup necessity.
- Unlike other Go language frameworks, due to being self-sufficient, Revel is unbound to middleware or third-party plugins.
- Google’s Golang dearest, Revel is the one-stop-shop for developing API irrespective of the complex task.
7 – Web.go
Next in the list Web.go is light in weight and comes under the category of Google’s easiest Golang web frameworks.
Being light in weight and easiest one, Web.go still offers additional functionality due to tree-routing system.
If any case, you are working on a project that requires routing then Web.go can be proven just the right choice.
8 – Gocraft
Conservative yet strong, Google’s next Golang web frameworks that offer quick and scalable routing facility goes to Gocraft.
Using standard library or HTTP, one can add routing to Gocraft.
Furthermore, Gocraft is the combination of-
- Go mux custom middleware package, it can boast reflection and casting capabilities for typing codes.
- Mobile app developers with built-in middleware get access to add extra functionality to it.
- When it comes to the highest API performance, there is no better option than Gocraft.
9 – Mango
Even though there is no active community for regular updates and maintenance, Google’s Go web programming framework Mango is still considered when it comes to modularity.
The popularity of it is the result of-
- For all the web development project, Mango allows app developers to select things from a plethora of libraries.
- The framework allows one to build reusable HTTP functionality’s modules fast and easily.
- For keeping codes autonomous, it carries the list of middleware and apps.
10 – Beego
Similar to the Django web framework for Python, Beego is Google’s best Golang Framework offering an array of features for web applications.
Apart from that, Beego is capable of-
- Incorporating ORM (Object-Relationship Map), session handling tools, data, logging systems, cache handler, libraries for operating HTTP components.
- Just like Django CL (Command Line) Tools, Beego is also familiar with CL Tools.
- For developing robust Beego apps from scratch or from the middle of the existing ones, a bee command is all it takes to get started with.
11 – Net/HTTP
For developing a complex web application, strong and robust middleware is the most important thing to get started with.
With the standard of Net/HTTP, mixing and matching middleware for projects can take place flawlessly.
With massive reusable components, there is a community that can take advantage of Net/HTTP for routing purposes.
These are most preferred Google’s Go language frameworks for going ahead with Web app development. Before choosing the best one, make sure to understand the project’s requirements first or connect with our experts for an in-depth understanding of their features.
Till then, happy programming!
Co-Founder & Managing Director of AppVenturez Mobitech. An entrepreneur who is tech-savvy and aims to build the largest software business through technological innovation, keen business strategist and a passionate technocrat. He firmly believes in learning and earning by planning and performing.
⚡️ by Appventurez
Hey there! This is Akhil, author of this blog. Leave your email address and we'll keep you posted on what we're up to.
This will subscribe you to Appventurez once-a-month newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime. And we promise not to pester you or share your data :)
Hey there, wondering where this article came from? It was produced by some people at Appventurez, a Mobile & Web App Development Company. We are here for solutioning of your technological needs.
Our Latest Blog
The novel coronavirus pandemic outbreak occurred in the modern, connected, and ...Read more